St. Tammany Fire Protection District No. 1 will open seven stations across eastern St. Tammany Parish to the community on Saturday (Feb. 28). The open houses will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The event is billed as an opportunity for the community to meet the district’s firefighters, tour the stations and learn about the equipment the firefighters use.
The participating fire stations are:
- Fire Station 11, 322 Bouscaren St.
- Fire Station 12, 1570 West Hall Ave.
- Fire Station 13, 101 Normandy Dr.
- Fire Station 14, 297 Steele Rd.
- Fire Station 15, 58405 Holly Dr.
- Fire Station 16, 320 Marina Dr.
- Fire Station 17, 309 Johnny F. Smith Blvd.
Fire Protection District No. 1 covers a wide swath of eastern St. Tammany, including the city of Slidell.